Today was Jay's last day of school. To send the kids off (even the ones who could return next year), there was a Graduation Ceremony and small reception afterward...so sweet!
The kids had a few projects to do before the ceremony started. Parents were welcome to stay to watch the kids in the classroom, which I was looking forward to. This worked out for us since Jay suffered from a big case of separation anxiety when we arrived. He didn't want me to leave his side.
When the kids were lining up to go into the auditorium, I thought I might be the only parent walking in with the preschoolers, but shortly before we were to enter the auditorium, Jay let me leave his side without getting upset. I told him Daddy would be in the auditorium waiting for him (Brian was coming from work for the ceremony), and instantly and magically his fear of Mom leaving his side disappeared...replaced, I'm sure, with the excitement and anticipation with seeing Dad! I quickly snuck away and made it into the auditorium before Jaydon, and I was glad to see that Brian had made it on time. When Jaydon found his Dad in the audience, you could see the sheer delight on his face. Henceforth, he made it through the ceremony like a champ. Jaydon sat in the front row with his high school student, Cassidy, while Brian and I sat a half dozen or so rows back and enjoyed the "show".
I loved it the couple times that Jaydon sat up in his chair, turned around, and looked for Brian and I. I'm sure we looked goofy waving our arms in the air, all giddy-like, waiting for Jaydon to notice us...ok...maybe it was just me waving and looking completely giddy, but it was absolutely priceless seeing Jaydon's big big smile and super-energetic wave when he found us.
I loved it the couple times that Jaydon sat up in his chair, turned around, and looked for Brian and I. I'm sure we looked goofy waving our arms in the air, all giddy-like, waiting for Jaydon to notice us...ok...maybe it was just me waving and looking completely giddy, but it was absolutely priceless seeing Jaydon's big big smile and super-energetic wave when he found us.
When "diploma" time finally rolled around, all the kids walked up to the stage, each with their high schooler, and one by one received their diploma. Jaydon was great...big smiles and all! We were so proud of him!
Amazingly, I only got choked up once throughout the day. It was during a slideshow presentation of all the kids. The sappy music gets me every time!
No comments:
Post a Comment