1. Jaydon has known and been able to recognize all the (capital) letters of the alphabet for a really long time now, but he had never actually sang the ABC's song until two days ago. He woke up from his nap, happy as can be. Through his monitor, I could hear him playing in his crib, moving around, and talking - the usual stuff. Then, out of nowhere, he just started singing the ABC's song. He sang it over and over again from start to finish, very well and with a booming voice...it was lovely and amazing to hear! I wish I had a recorder to capture the moment.
2. At dinner on Wedsnesday night, without any prompting, Jaydon asked for ketchup. He tried it with his carrot sticks and proclaimed it was "yummy!". Then he ate a bunch of it with whatever was on his plate. We've made numerous attempts in the past to get Jaydon to try ketchup, but he was never interested. Why this day of all days? I suppose we'll never know.
3. Another funny thing at dinner on Wedsnesday night (again out of nowhere), Jaydon observed that I (Judy) have a "BIG" nose, whereas he (Jaydon) has a "little" nose. When I suggested that I had a "nice" nose, rather than a "big" nose, he was quick to correct me. He would, with quite a bit of animation, exclaim that I did, indeed, have a "BIG" nose. He happily reminded me of this throughout dinner. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for Brian, he wasn't able to have dinner with us because of work, so he was spared Jaydon's nose assessment. So they say kids never lie, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment