Jaydon was totally into it! I couldn't believe his concentration and balance at only 2! It was physical and very fun, yet relaxing at the same time. Besides the physical moves, Jaydon seemed to enjoy the more "meditative" parts as well, like when we were lying on the floor, watching ourselves breathe - he had a little ducky on his tummy and watched it go up and down, up and down (ok, so it didn't go up and down too much, but the mood and effect was right on). I definitely see more yoga in our future! If anyone has any recommendations for books and such, we'd love to hear from you.
Of all the positions learned today, the tree was my favorite, probably because I was so amazed when Jaydon did it. It's where you stand and put one foot against the opposite knee and put your arms up. Jaydon did the move without hesitation. He held my hand lightly to keep his balance the first time, but was able to do it on his own the next few times. I'm determined to catch a photo of him in the pose so I can post it on our blog.
As an aside, here's a photo of our playgroup taken in October 2007. There are a total of nine two-year-olds in the group (2 are missing from the photo). There are also now 4 babies in the group as well, ranging from 11 months to 5 weeks old (one is in the photo below).
No comments:
Post a Comment