Saturday, July 19, 2008

Popular New Phrases

"Cheer Up, (insert name here)" - Mostly to Ellie when she's whimpering...or not whimpering.

"Wow!" - Whenever he sees something cool - such as when we watch volcano videos on the Discovery Channel Website.

"Whoa!" and "Oh!" - When he is surprised or caught off guard - such as when we go around sharp turns in the car, or when we turn the page in a book and come to something exciting or cool. Actually, this one isn't so new, but it's funny when he says it...


"Hurray!" - Most commonly used when he hits a good golf shot.

"Hip Hip Hurray!" - Most commonly used when he hits another good golf shot.

The "Cheer Up" I get - because I tell Jaydon to tell Ellie that, in just the circumstance described above. And "Wow!", "Whoa!", and "Oh!" I get - because I do say these a lot. But the "Hurray!" and "Hip Hip Hurray!" - these just seem to come out of nowhere. He just started saying "Hurray" and "Hip Hip Hurray" yesterday and has been saying it a lot since (just about the only reason he stops playing golf while we are at home is to eat). I don't think Brian or I say "Hurray" a lot?

No comments: