I have been MIA when it comes to blogging lately. I've got a ton of stuff in my brain that I'd love to write about, including all the nitty gritty details of the wonderful and crazy things that have transpired over the past few weeks. My desire to write novels has left me numbed to write anything. That said, in an effort to post something, and just not leave it for later, here's our BIG news...short and sweet...drum roll pleeeeeease...
1. Jay is potty trained.
2. Jay is in a big boy bed.
Ok...Jay is potty trained...here's the "but"....he is terrified of going potty in a public restroom - who wouldn't be? I am. Yuck. Those darn auto flush toilets spoiled it for him. I'm sure my further "encouraging" didn't help. I think it was the autoflush that did him in, because Jay did, in fact, willingly enter and use a public restroom once. He was calm and relaxed. The bathroom was relatively clean. He did his business (#1). We were in celebratory mode. Then the autoflush kicked in and both Jay and I jumped. Future attempts at even entering a public restroom after that have been met with horror by Jay.
Jay has not and does not have any issue with flushing at home or the homes of people we know. In fact, the flush is one of his favorite activities, so I didn't expect there would be any problem with the flush in a public restroom. I was wrong. I'm so annoyed with myself that I wasn't prepared. I hope I can spare some of you some trauma for your little one in potty training. Here's a trick I learned (unfortunately a little too late) - bring a yellow sticky or tape of some sort to block the sensor on the autoflush toilets, then your child (hopefully) won't be subjected to the violence that is the auto flush. On the flip side, Jay is very happy to go in the woods and will go potty in the car on his little potty seat. It was such a kick watching him pee standing up for the first time.
Here's what I'll say about the big boy bed...
1. Jay loves his bed. He really loves it when I'm in it with him.
2. No more sleeping in for Jay. In the morning, I'm greeted by a happy little boy by my bed, saying, "Hi Mommy!".
3. I'm tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment