Hanging up on the wall in Brian and I's room is a full length picture of us on our wedding day. In the photo, I'm in my bridal gown with a tiara-like thing in my hair. Brian's in a tuxedo (black coat and white vest). Jaydon was looking at the picture today. Then he made a comment that evolved into a short conversation that went like this:
Jay: Mommy is a Princess.
Me: What about Dad?
Jay: Dad is not a Princess.
Me: What is Dad then?
Jay: Dad is going to work. Then he's with Mom.
First, how sweet for Jay to call me a Princess, eh? And, no, Brian is not that dressed up when he goes to work.
Second, we really don't ever talk about princesses or have anything around related to princesses, so it's fascinating that Jaydon made this association. We did, however, see a LOT of "princesses" on Halloween. I would have liked to quiz Jay further to understand his interpretation of the photo, but we were soon on to another thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment