We made a stop at Sams Club last night because I had an eye appointment there. As we drove into the parking lot, Jay said:
Jay: Here's Sams. They have diapers.
Me: This is where we used to get diapers for you.
Jay (very matter-of-factly): I don't need diapers. I'm a big boy. I'm not a baby anymore.
We specifically held on to our Sam's Club membership so that we could buy diapers in bulk. Once upon a time, we would make special trips to Sam's just for diapers. It's not surprising, therefore, that Jaydon associates diapers with Sam's Club. HURRAY we don't need diapers ANYMORE!!!!! We let our Sam's Club membership expire with the New Year, but it turns out you can get your eyes checked there even though you're not a member.
I'm not picky when it comes to checking my eyes. I think it's more of a bother than anything else! After checking around, I found that eye exams at Target are the same price as Sam's (the cheapest I've found), so I think that's where I'll be going from now on. As an added bonus, Jay and I love going to Target. In fact, Jaydon will often ask to stop at Target if we are out running errands. If you want to talk brand recognition...Jaydon absolutely knows the Target symbol.
Another thing of note...even though Brian was with us at Sam's during my eye appointment, Jay decided to join me in the exam room. He sat so patiently and quietly during my exam. I was so proud of him! :) Brian sat in with us, too. It was a little odd having an "audience" while I had my eyes checked, but the good news is that the next time I have an exam, I feel confident that I can bring Jay without Brian. Just one more thing Jaydon and I can do ourselves and save our time with Dad for FUN!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment