One of things they've been talking about in Jay's school (yep...Jay's in school...check out my back-blog on March 19th) is time and reading a clock. This seems a little advanced for a three year old if you ask me, but ok. The class is actually comprised of a mix of kids ages 3 to 5 (with the 5 year-olds not in kindergarten yet).
While looking at one of our clocks recently, Jay says to me "the little hand is on the N, so it's N o'clock." I'm thinking...Cool! He kinda gets the concept...now how do I explain this to him. I tried and tried to explain it, but Jay was insistent it was "N o'clock". Finally, using good parenting judgement, I just agreed with him. "It's N o'clock." Everyone knows "N o'clock" is 4pm, right?
This has also started Jay on a clock fetish. He's specifically interested in very small clocks. He found a little clock in our room to put in his room and tells everyone about it. He asked Brian to bring him back a "teeny tiny clock" from Germany (Brian leaves on a work trip to Munich in a couple of days). We were talking about our cuckoo clock in our living room, and then Jay asked for a "teeny tiny cuckoo clock" from Germany. Now I'm just as excited as Jaydon to see what Brian brings home from his trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment