Sunday, April 12, 2009

Daddy's Name

I've called Brian "Beej" since we were in college. I say "Beej" so often, I don't even realize I'm doing it. In fact, I had completely forgotten that I call him "Beej". Leave it to Jaydon to remind me.

Jay (to me): You call Dad, "Beej".

Apparently, I had just referred to Brian as "Beej" when I was talking to him.

Me (reflecting): I do. What do you call Daddy?

Jay (astutely says): "Daddy". And Tita Jewel calls him "Brian".

Hey, shout out to Tita Jewel! :)

Me (curious): What does Tita Jewel call me?

Jay: "Mommy".

Me (tickled): No. She calls me "Judy".

Jay: No. She calls you "Mommy".

Me (getting nowhere with this): No. She calls me "Judy".

Brian (to Jay and changing the subject...sort of): Do you know who my Dad is?

Jay: uhhh...

Brian: My Dad is "Pops". His name is "Joseph".

Jay: And Jesus's Dad is "Joseph".

Brian and I laugh and agree!

No comments: