Jay was very excited. He requested to go as ORANGE. While I had an ORANGE shirt for him, I didn't have a pair of ORANGE pants or shorts to go with it, nor did I have the time or resources or creative know-how to make him something quickly. I knew Jaydon had some RED overalls in his closet, and I managed to convince him to go as the color RED instead. It was the idea of wearing his RED fireman hat that won him over. As we were leaving the house to go to the library, Jaydon kept excitedly pointing out things that were RED, grabbing them, and asking me if we could take them along. Clifford made the cut. See him peeking out of Jay's overalls?
I went as MINT...imagine something you would squirt out of a toothpaste tube. Sorry, no pictures, but believe it or not, I do have a pair of MINT colored (capri) pants and a MINT colored shirt to match (though I haven't ever worn the two paired together as an outfit before). When we were done at the library, we met Brian for lunch. Brian thought I was the color BLUE? Huh?
Here's Jay and his friend, Anne (PURPLE), during storytime. Then the kids played a musical game. Then came the PARADE. Each of the kids grabbed an instrument - Jaydon grabbed a bell. With instruments in hand, Ms. Eileen lead the group and Ms. Patty brought up the rear, playing her ukelele and singing a verse unique to each of the kids. "Jaydon wore his RED hat, his RED hat, his RED hat. Jaydon wore his RED hat, his RED hat today." They marched the kids all around the library, then right out the door, where they had a huge set-up for painting. Here's Jay at work.
When the painting was done and the kids were cleaned up, each child received a special ribbon, once again customized for each of them. Jaydon's said, "JAYDON - RED AS FIRE." He loved it.
This was the first year the library has hosted a COLOR PARADE. We had so much fun we made sure to tell them that they had to do it again next year. As Jaydon and I were leaving, we began discussing what colors we'd be for next time. Oh, imagine all of the fun stuff we can do with a year to come up with ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment