Introducing Jay's first adventure on a Slip 'N Slide (a double wide to boot!). When the water came on, Jay couldn't get into his swimsuit fast enough. He was the first one to "jump" in. It took a couple of runs, flops, and a few good face plants in the grass before he mastered the classic and oh so graceful "on the belly" slide. The addition of baby oil helped with the smooth gliding.
The sliding and the sliders (food) were both a big hit! I wish I had taken a picture of the mini-burgers...they were not only tasty but perfectly shaped and quite adorable (as far as food goes)! I also wish I had gotten a picture of B.C. on the slide, but the first mention of a camera and he was off like a flash.
The backyard hammock was a hit in another way...meaning that every kid at the party (there were other kids at the party besides Jay and Paige, but they were the only two diggin' the Slip 'N Slide) took a hit (or fall) on, near, or in the proximity of the hammock. It was Jay's smack of his chin against the base of the hammock (a metal pole) that finally shut down all hammock activity. It was horrifying watching Jay slip off the slide and not only see, but hear his chin go whack! Not to worry, though, the damage was not as bad as it looked like it would be. Besides, how bad could it be if you can eat ice cream through it all, eh? Imagine lots and lots and lots of crying and then my question, "Jay, would you like some ice cream?", thinking this would be a good way to see if his mouth was ok and also put some ice in there. Jay's immediate response, through the sobs, was "yes". There was a little blood in his mouth, though I never pinpointed exactly where it came from, and he walked away with a small bruise/scratch mark on the bottom of his chin, but that was it (as far as I could tell). After some ice cream and a little more comforting, he was back into the swing of things, or I should say he was off to play again (absolutely no swinging involved).
No comments:
Post a Comment