I drive and Jaydon drives me nutty these days with his nonstop questions, commentary, and observations, relating mostly to our means of travel. Brian drives and it's the same. Imagine the questions/statements below repeated over and over and over and over again. We try to distract him by playing music or asking him to pick a cd to play, but his usual response is "I don't want any music."
When we are passing construction..."Why is there construction?"
When there are no other cars on the road..."Why are there no other cars on the road?"
When there are lots of cars on the road...
"Why are there so many cars on the road?"
"Where are all these cars going?"
Once he said to me..."Mom, there's not enough cars on the road."
If we are moving slowly on the road...
"We are going so slow."
"Why are we going so slow?"
"Is there traffic?"
"Why is there traffic?"
"Is there construction?"
"Maybe there's an accident."
"I hope the people are ok."
When other cars go in directions different than us..."Why is that car going that way?"
When other cars go in the same direction as us...
"They're going the same way as us."
Here's a fun example. We were exiting the highway to go to Home Depot. The three cars in front of us took the same exit and Jaydon said, "There's a lot of cars going to Home Depot today."
If the road is not completely smooth...
"Why is the road bumpy?"
"This road is so bumpy."
"They need to repair this road."
When we are about to get on the highway or are on a highway...
"Is this the highway or a road?"
"What's the name of this highway?"
"Is this (fill in a road name here, i.e. Route 2, Route 9...)?"
"We are on (fill in a road name here)."
"Are we taking an exit?"
"Which exit are we taking?"
"That's not our exit."
"That's exit (fill in an exit number here)."
"Is that our exit?"
"There's our exit."
"I see our exit."
"There's the arrow."
"Are we going that way?"
"Does the arrow say go that way?"
"The arrow says go that way."
"We need to go that way."
"Why are we going that way?"
When we exit from the highway.
"Is this the highway or a road?"
"Is this a local road?"
If we are on a local road...
"Are we going to get on the highway?"
This one he's said only twice (on two different occasions) when we've been really close to home (meaning we were in a very familiar place)..."I think we're lost".
On our way to the Airport (for Space & Aviation Day).
"I think we forgot to go to the airport."
"I think we forgot to ride a train."
This lasted only a couple of days. As we drove past houses, Jay would point at them and say,
"That house is under deposit." or
"Look at that house. That's a good one."
Consistently, Jaydon's favorite "house" we've driven by is a pastel colored house (I think it's purple) with large colorful polka dots all over it. It's actually a womens and kids boutique.
One thing that I cannot complain about is that Jaydon is always a happy passenger. That's good for us because we are on the road a lot. Also, he can get himself into the car and into his car seat all by himself. He can open the car door and close it (getting in and getting out). And he can buckle his chest buckle. If I start the car (or the car is running) and he's not fully buckled in, he always reminds me..."Wait, Mom. Buckle me up."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment