Monday, June 9, 2008

The Wave

Thanks to Ralph's World and the song "Drivin' In My Car", Jaydon can now "wave", as in physically waving goodbye and waving hello. We've shown Jay the "wave" move in the past and the appropriate time to use it, but it's never stuck...until now. He enjoys waving to friends, strangers, animals...you name it. Today, for example, Jaydon and I were at the lake, trying to beat the heat (temps at least in the upper 90s today), when a little boy started walking our way. I told Jay to say "hi". Jaydon proceeded to "wave" vigorously in the little boy's direction, no verbal "hi", just very animated waving. It was very cute.

As a sidenote, the Ralph's World CD is his favorite right now. We listen to it all the time. Jay's got special dance moves for all the songs. Fortunately, it's a great CD, and I really like it, too. I highly recommend it to anyone with little kids!!

No comments: