Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween













Today was so much FUN!!!! Jay has known for months what he wanted to be for Halloween - a POLAR BEAR! And he was a very happy Polar Bear all day long! Ask Jay what he wants to be when he grows up and he'll shout, "a Polar Bear!". I made him two options - the polar bear hoodie or just polar bear ears (in case it got too warm for the hood) - fortunately he loved both!

Here's what our day consisted of:
Our Happy Notes music class (which we started again this Fall), lunch with Dad (always a treat!), a few errands in town, a little afternoon nap, a quick dinner (with Brian home from work early - yeah!), then off to Trick-or-Treat. Truly, there wasn't a bit of our day that Jay didn't have a good time, including running errands (JoAnns and Walmart have some pretty cool stuff, and besides that, Jaydon loves to shop!).













I painted Jay's nose for his day polar bear face and painted his whole face white for Trick-or-Treating. Jaydon was also insistent that I paint paws on his hands - just like a polar bear. He wanted the paw prints on his palms, but I convinced him they would last longer if they were on the back of his hands instead.










As we worked our way around the neighborhood, Jay stood on doorsteps on his own, rang doorbells on his own, and would happily pronounce to our neighbors, "Happy Halloween! Trick-or-Treat!". Brian and I were able to stand back and watch our little boy, all grown up. It was also an absolutely gorgeous night. The sky was full of stars and the temperature was perfect (mid-50's) for a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood. Jay loved holding his flashlight to light his way.

Once home, we told Jaydon he was allowed one peice of candy and then it would be time for bed. He knew exactly what he would have - a lollipop - it was the one and only peice of candy he had gotten Trick-or-Treating that he had wanted to eat right away. Once he was done with his lollipop, we all went upstairs to get ready for bed...without a fuss. After our usual bedtime routine, Jay fell asleep quickly. I'm sure he was pooped from all the day's activities and excitement. Brian and I weren't up for too much longer, either. The day's activities and excitement wiped us out, too!

No comments: