1. Jay is 39 1/2 inches tall and 33 pounds. That's about 3/4 inches taller than when I last measured him (November 5th). This was the first time ever that Jay stood on the scale by himself and was measured standing up. He was so cooperative...almost excited about it...so different from previous doctors visits we've had.
2. Jay was tested for all nuts. He's allergic to peanuts...no surprise. He's also allergic to cashews (seemingly less so though). Pistachios are in the same family as cashews, so he has to stay away from those, too. The tests showed Jay was ok with almonds and other nuts. We have so much to learn about all this stuff.
3. Jay is allergic to cats, too. I suspected this might be true based on Jaydon's sneeziness at homes of some people we know with cats, so I asked to have him tested for it.
That's all he was tested for this time. Brian reminded me after our appointment was done that I should have had him tested for dogs, too...just to be sure. This process is somewhat bizarre to me. I say what I think he should be tested for and it's done. We'll be meeting with the doctor again in a few weeks. I'll come prepared with a list of questions for that visit and the doctor said I can call anytime. Although the process doesn't make complete sense to me, I really like Jay's doctor. What's even better is that Jay seems to like him, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment