Sunday, February 8, 2009

Table Talk

Seemingly out of nowhere, while we were eating lunch yesterday, Jaydon said with a big smile on his face:

"I'm me, and you're you."

I couldn't help from smiling myself when I responded with:

"So I'm me and you're you. Right?"

So Jaydon said:

"I'm me. You're you. And that's what we are."

I agreed with him. Brian agreed with him. Then the next thing we knew we were in this giggling loop of telling each other..."I'm me, you're you"..."You're you, I'm me". Then Brian or I would throw in a "I'm you and you're me" in the mix...which would be followed by a "Noooo...I'M me and you'rrrrrrre you"...then it would start it all over again. This was a good five minutes of pure silly fun.

I love it when we all sit down to eat together. You never know what table talk will ensue with Jaydon in the mix. Also, he really takes his time when he eats, so we just sit and enjoy it. It makes you realize how quickly you eat sometimes and how much you're mind (or my mind anyways) is already moving on to the next thing. What's all the rush anyways? It's good to have a three-year-old around to get your priorities straight.

No comments: