I was looking through our local paper and found a "Playschool" program at our local high school for preschoolers. It's two days a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes and a drop off program. I called to find out more about it and came away thinking this sounded great for Jaydon (and for me), so I asked Jaydon:
Me: Jay, would you like to go to school?
Jay: Yes. Can we go now?
Me: No. It's not today. It won't start for a couple of weeks.
Me: Jay, would you like to go to school?
Jay: Yes. Can we go now?
Me: No. It's not today. It won't start for a couple of weeks.
Me: No. There will be no Mommies and Daddies.
Jay: Ok. Can we go now?
I'm not going to read into this any further than believing that Jaydon is just excited about the idea of starting school. A few months ago when I would ask him if he wanted to go to school (just out of curiosity), he would flat out say no, so this is new and exciting for me, too. I'm sure his new attitude has everything to do with how much fun the library drop off program has been.
Going back to our conversation that day...
It took me awhile to convince Jaydon that I really couldn't bring him to school that day. He wasn't pleased with the situation, but he survived with just a few tears. But now I'll have to see if we can get in. Also, I'd like to visit with the teacher first, see the classroom and hopefully talk to a parent or two who have had their kids in the program before. There's a lottery process to get in, so if all looks good, hopefully Jay will get in. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment