Saturday, December 20, 2008

BIG Snow

It snowed and snowed and snowed yesterday (and then snowed some more today). We ended up with about a foot or so of snow on the ground. It was the biggest snowstorm of the season thus far. Jay was soooo excited to get out in it, so out we went! First up...stompin' around. Jay's new snow boots worked out super-duper!













Next, Jay ran around with Ellie (who also loved the snow). Jay didn't stop smiling and laughing the whole time. Jay then asked , "Can you help me make a snowball, Mom?" Unfortunately the snow was too flaky for snowballs, so we kicked and tossed the snow up in the air instead. Jay's next request, "Let's build a snowman!" Same problem as with the snowballs, so snowman building was out, but we quickly moved on to something else...sledding! I pulled Jay up our driveway, then down we went together...wheeeeee! Our driveway ROCKS for sledding (even though it's mostly a headache for most anything else!).

Jay wasn't very happy when I told him it was time to go inside, but I managed to lure him in by suggesting we have some hot chocolate. Jaydon's had cold chocolate milk before, but this was his first taste of hot chocolate (or lukewarm as he would have it), and he loved it. We got out of our snow gear, into some comfy clothes, and prepped our hot chocolate. Then we plopped ourselves down on our big comfy couch and watched "Ellen" on TV. Ahhhh...such a nice way to defrost after playing in the snow.

I realize that watching "Ellen" on TV is not on any list of recommended things to do with your three-year-old (Birthday blog to follow), but whenever I get the chance (which is maybe once a week), I love watching "Ellen" on TV. I'm not sure how this all started, but it turns out that Jay loves watching "Ellen", too. Jay will even say to me sometimes, "Is it three (as in 3pm), Mom? Can we watch Ellen?" There are worse things to watch on TV.

PS. I just back-blogged and posted Four Santas and One Bright Night. Sorry for being out of sequence.

No comments: