Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sweeping

Jaydon helps me "sweep" all the time. He loves to sweep, and he loves pointing out when there's stuff on the floor that needs to be swept or cleaned up. Leave it to a two-year-old to convince you that sweeping is FUN! We'll see how long that lasts! I usually sweep around him. I'll make a pile, get it into the dust pan and into the trash, all the while trying to keep Jaydon involved.

Yesterday came a welcome surprise. Jaydon keenly observed that I had tracked some dirt into the kitchen, and he promptly offered, "I will sweep it up!". He grabbed the broom I like to use, one with a nice wide base (the one we got from Grandpa and Grandma - Filipino style) to sweep it up. I watched as Jaydon swept the dirt into a pile. Then, as I held the dustpan, Jaydon swept the dirt into it. I had to adjust the dustpan a little here and there, but Jaydon successfully swept all the dirt into the dustpan all by himself. Awesome! Hmmm...seems like a good idea for a game.

Also, the reason I tracked dirt into the kitchen was because Jaydon and I enjoyed playing outside yesterday. We had 40-ish degree weather and the sun was out. Maybe I'm growing more accustomed to New England weather because 40 degree weather is not what I used to consider good for playing outdoors. Anyways, we golfed a little, played catch, and Jaydon ran around with Ellie...so much fun!

No comments: