Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Happy Traveller

WOW was Jaydon an awesome traveller on our trip down to Florida! What's cool for Jaydon (and a little cumbersome for Brian and I) is that when we fly down to visit my parents we hit just about every mode of travel...car, bus, plane, and train. And if we are really lucky, Grandpa picks us up in his truck. Jaydon loves Grandpa's truck.

For this trip I wanted to get Jaydon a backpack for him to carry his own toys and such. We tried all kinds of backpacks, including Lands End and L.L.Bean, but none seemed to fit right. Searching on-line, I stumbled upon a National Geographic Jr backpack that got really good reviews and came in a great assortment of animal patterns. I felt certain Jaydon would fall in love with either the poison dart frog book bag or ladybug book bag. After all, he has a small collection of plastic poison dart frogs and a few little ladybugs as well. I didn't want to risk him not liking it, so I let him choose. He knew immediately which one he wanted - the Jaguar one. Huh? We've checked out a couple of books from the library with jaguars in them, nothing too memorable, but these are the only jaguars I can think of that he's been exposed to. I was skeptical of his choice to the point that I waited a couple of days and asked him again before I ordered it. When it came in the mail, he was thrilled. He walked around the house with it all day.



Jaydon also helped pull one of our rolling luggages. He wanted to help with everything actually. I still can't believe he was able to pull the luggage given how heavy it was, and I'm not convinced we were really travelling with a three-year-old!

The flight was fantastic. Jaydon was soooo good! When the plane started to pull away from the gate, Jaydon looked at Brian and I and said, "This will be FUN!" He was right! The only scary part was that they were serving peanuts and we still don't know the extent of Jaydon's peanut allergy. He has an appointment with the Allergist after the new year. Fortunately, we didn't have any issues.

Here's a few photos of Jaydon at the airport in Orlando - one on the tram (aka "train") and one just after we got off the tram. It was beautiful outside the day we arrived - quite a departure from the cold of Connecticut.



No comments: