Thursday, December 11, 2008

Conversation Tidbits From Today

Everyday there's fun things that come out of Jaydon's mouth that just make you smile. It could be any number of things. Sometimes it's simple truths. Other times it's things that make him sound way too grown up. Here's a couple from today...

=========================

As Jay and I were getting ready to go to the grocery store...I was in my room and he was in my closet (he loves our closet), so I couldn't see him...

Me: Jay, do you have socks on.

Jay: No, I just have my feet.

=========================

Jaydon and I were eating lunch. I had finished my meal, and I wanted to get something upstairs...

Me: I have to run upstairs to get something. I'll just be a minute.

Jay: Ok. That's no problem.

I've never heard him use the phrase "no problem" before.

=========================

Jaydon was upstairs looking for his plush butterfly. He was having trouble finding it. I was downstairs. I could hear him running around looking for it. After a little while, he yelled down to me...

Jay: I can't find it, Mom!

Me: Did you check on your bed?

Jay (hear footsteps running around): It's not there!

Me: Did you check in the bathroom?

Jay (no footsteps): I did. It's not there.

Me: Did you check my closet?

Jay (hear footsteps): I can't find it.

Me: How about the basket in your room?

Jay (no footsteps): I can't find it.

Me: Did you check the...

Jay (no footsteps): "I can't find it ANYWHERE!"

His use of the word "anywhere" in this sentence and in this way was very effective. The only other times I can remember him saying the word "anywhere" is when he would repeat it after I had just said it, usually in the phrase, "I can't find it ANYWHERE."

So I finally decided to go up and help him. I found the butterfly right away. It was in my room on our chest...right in plain sight. I showed Jay where it was...

Jay (big smile): Oh...there it is!

He's got the search abilities of his father! But kudos to him for effort!

And did I ever mention how much I love the fact that he 1) can go up and down the stairs by himself, 2) can follow directions pretty well, and 3) can be independent and do things on his own. Helps me be lazy.

No comments: