Monday, May 19, 2008

Thump

It finally happened...Jay fell out of his crib. He was in his room by himself, settling down for a nap (or so I thought) and THUMP!

I raced in there and here's about how it went as I was attempting to check him out and comfort him:

Me: Are you okay, Jaydon? How is your head? Did you fall out of your crib?"
Jay (crying loudly): It's okay. It's okay. Read books, Mommy. Read books.
Me: Where did you get hurt? Where does it hurt?
Jay (still crying): It's okay. It's okay, Mommy. Read books. Read books.

So we read books.

He's got a little bump on his forehead, but seems alright otherwise. He settled down pretty quickly, except when I tried to apply ice to his forehead.

After a few books, we rocked together and he fell asleep on me. It's very rare anymore that I have the chance to hold Jaydon while he's sleeping. He's very good about getting to sleep on his own for naptime and bedtime, so it's even more rare for me to rock him to sleep. That said, I held him for a good long time before putting him in is his crib. I cherished every moment of having him in my arms, so peaceful in his sleep, examining his fingers, his toes, his face....my little boy is just not so little anymore!

No comments: